Commutatus partners with ambitious entrepreneurs, startups, and corporates in various industries to conceptualize, design, and build digital products. We are the team that companies like AIESEC, MyCaptain, NADIM, and others hire to get things done.
Over the past years, we’ve gained substantial experience not just in building platforms, but also in doing it the right way. The platforms that we build now are both super malleable, and easy to scale. Our vision at Commutatus is, To bring tomorrow closer to today, and we aspire to achieve that more than one client at a time.
We’ve recorded a video for you to get a quick overview of who we are and what we’re trying to achieve with this role. Watch it!
What you would do at Commutatus
You’ll primarily work in a squad of 6 - 8 people comprising Designers, Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers, and a Project Manager. Your responsibilities will include -
- Research and feasibility checks: Assist in the ideation of features by providing inputs based on research or your experience. You’ll frequently advise the team on the feasibility of ideas, and provide alternate routes to meet the objective of the feature.
- Planning and estimation: You will assist the squad in planning and estimating features to ensure that they roll out on time, and function as expected. You’ll also review estimations submitted by junior developers to ensure that they’ve taken everything into consideration and their development plans are the best way to implement features.
- Software development: Develop frontend solutions for new features, improvements, or bugs that are planned for platforms that Commutatus manages. You will be assigned to review code written by junior developers, and it is your responsibility to ensure they are on the right track!
- Continuous improvement: Play an active role in team retrospective events by flagging problems and frustrations in the team, and offering solutions.
- Audits: You’ll conduct audits of platforms in terms of code quality, security, and scalability, and make them flawless.
- Make us faster: As an agency, speed is always of the essence. We’ve found that building abstract solutions, and integrating them with different projects is a great way to scale and multiply our impact.
- Make us better: We’re always keen on bettering our expertise, and processes. You’ll frequently initiate, lead, and execute projects in this regard.
- Mentoring junior developers: You may be expected to mentor junior developers by helping them troubleshoot, and sharpening their technical skills to make them awesome!
What you need to have
We are not big on credentials. A computer science degree, or graduating from a prestigious university is not something we spend much time looking at. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not how you got there.
- You are open to working remotely.
- You have exceptional communication skills.
- You are resourceful - we don’t expect you to have all the answers right away, but we want you to research, and learn on the go to get the job done right.
- You can identify problems around you, and independently propose solutions to these problems. We love independent problem-solvers and encourage all our employees to suggest changes to streamline our processes. .
- You are organised and structured. If your PRs are well structured, have great descriptions, and your JIRA tickets are always on the right status, we want you!
Skills and experiences we’d like to see
- You’ve built scalable digital platforms before that have been deployed to production environments.
- You have a strong understanding of state management systems such as Redux or Apollo.
- You have a sound understanding of deploying apps to staging, or production via automated tools such as Github Actions or Travis.
- You’ve implemented development processes, and standard improvements that have a significant impact on developer productivity, and software engineering standards.
- You’ve mentored developers to not only achieve higher productivity but also in deriving joy from what they do.
- You are able to can manage switch contexts efficiently. We acknowledge that this is not ideal, but Commutatus has does have a relatively small team, and sometimes you might advise or work on different projects multiple times during the day.
- You are a stickler for great code, and consistently push the standards of the company. Things might not happen right away due to project and timeline constraints, but we’d expect you to be a significant contributor to all technical debt backlogs.
What we can give you
- Performance and compensation reviews at least twice a year.
- The freedom to learn and grow in the company.
- A supportive team who’ll help you when you are stuck!
- A learning path, feedback, and resources to take you to the next step in your technical career! We even sponsor certifications, and tickets to select tech events!
- A safe space to explore your varied interests.
- A platform to explore and understand different domains.
- An invested interest in your well-being. All our employees benefit from generous health insurance, and unlimited sick leaves.
- The space for you to have a healthy work-life balance.
- Transparency in the company’s performance and financial status.
- Weekly company-wide engagement activities to wind down at the end of the week.
- A platform where your opinions, and experiences can help shape the company’s technological direction.
These preliminary questions will let you know if you fit our requirements.
- Do you love freedom, and flexibility in your work?
- Do you seek out opportunities, and learn something new each day?
- Are you a great communicator?
- Do you make an effort to ensure quality on everything you ship out, such that you are proud to have your stamp on it?
- Do your habits, and experiences lend to you forming well-rounded opinions on programming paradigms and technological decisions?
If you align with everything we have said, we are interested!
Annual Salary range: INR 14 - 18 LPA